St. Clair County Courthouse
St. Clair County Courthouse in Ashville. One of two
courthouses in the county. The courthouse in Ashville was built in
1844 by Littleton Yarbrough. It replaced a log building built in 1824 that stood
where Ashville Drug Store now stands. The bricks were fired right on the square.
It has been added onto over the years but the original building is the heart of
the present one. The building is the oldest courthouse in Alabama still in use.
Back to Photo
Next area photo.